A loving daughter who self-lessly takes care of her mother is the first winner in the Halo Hero contest, an online event sponsored by Halo Monitoring, maker of the most advanced fall detection system. The myHalo medical alarm system provides safety and wellness for seniors who live alone by assuring help is immediately summoned in the event of a fall without needing to push a button. The Halo Hero contest is a tribute to the “Hero Caregiver” who will gain increased peace of mind with, and to the “Hero Senior” who can maintain independence and safety with a myHalo Complete.
“In a matter of weeks we have heard so many compelling stories that we decided to award a myHalo system to this family to help them immediately,” says Chris Otto, CEO of Halo Monitoring. “Halo Monitoring is a leader in innovative, age-in-place technology and we designed the Halo Hero contest as a way to say thank you to the heroes who sacrifice daily to provide care for their loved ones and the seniors who strive to remain independent.”
Halo Monitoring’s first Halo Hero winner is:
• Diana, Huntsville, AL -Diana’s mother Carol suffers from a medical condition that causes frequent bouts of dizziness. Because her mother is in constant danger of falling, Diana felt a myHalo system would provide additional peace of mind to her mother and her family.
The Contest Continues-How to Win
• The Halo Hero contest runs from October 1 through November 17, 2010. To enter, registrants need only complete a brief entry form about either a “Hero Caregiver” who deserves the myHalo system for a loved one, or a “Hero Senior” who deserves a myHalo system to help preserve their independence.
• Complete directions, entry forms, and rules and regulations are available on the Halo Monitoring website, http://www.halomonitoring.com.
What You’ll Win
• The myHalo Complete medical alarm utilizes a small, comfortable, wireless device worn by a senior and monitors a user’s health, physical activity and much more.
myHalo sends an automatic alert – no need to push a button – in the event of a fall. Emergency medical response teams, caregivers, and the individual’s family are all contacted. myHalo is also the first system of its kind to use a secure web portal to allow family members or designated caregivers the ability to “look-in” on a loved one’s situation 24/7, from anywhere, without invading a senior’s privacy.
• Winners will be selected at the end of the contest and a total of 20 myHalo Complete systems with one year of monitoring will be awarded to the winners.
About Halo Monitoring
Halo Monitoring is a leading aging-in-place technology provider and offers products that assure security for seniors and peace of mind for their caregivers. The advanced myHalo system is the first medical alarm that sends an automatic alert – no need to push a button – in the event of a fall. While most medical alarms are only able to react to an emergency, myHalo is the first system of its kind to provide 24/7 activity and health monitoring. Seniors get proactive care when they need it, while remaining independent.